Sunday, December 13, 2009

I'm in the paper!

A couple weeks ago I had someone write to me on etsy... Amy Bowen contacted me, wanting to write an article on me and my angora rabbits. She found out about me from one of her friends, who I am in a knitting group with. When she heard I make yarn and knitted items from my own rabbit's fur, she was intrigued and wanted to write about it. So a week later, and we met up for an interview, and photos of me and my buns, along with some of the items made from their fur. So the day has come.. and it's a much bigger article than I expected! I'm in a big photo on the front page of the life section (and even a small photo on the front page, directing people to the article), and have a nice story and pics of my bunnies. I even had someone contact me today asking what I charge for scarves, hats and mittens lol. Crazy!
(btw, I live in a city with a population of about 70,000 people, so I never really expected to be in the paper at all)
Here is the article! http://www.sctimes.com/article/20091213/LIFE/112130019/Student-uses-Angora-pets-to-knit-her-way-to-warmth-and-enterprise

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I have an extra copy of it for you. Your pics are just gorgeous - you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the article by Amy Bowen in the Pioneer Press 12/28/09. Your yarns look lovely.

    Kajsa

    ReplyDelete