Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Natchwoolie's Oreo


Hey all. I finished this baglet a few days ago and wanted to share about it :)
I got 4 oz of raw New Zealand merino (from "Oreo") from Natchwoolie.etsy.com a few weeks ago, and decided to make this cute bag from 101 Designer one skein wonders with it.
So.. I washed... hand carded... made into mini rovings.... spun.... plied (3 ply)... and knitted this cute bag! My first attempt at some serious cables. All I had done before was a super simple cabled hat (which I should probably make a post about too lol), and this thing was tough. It took quite awhile to do, just since I'm not used to cables. It seemed to turn out pretty well though, a few mistakes here and there but nothing overly noticeable. My yarn was 175 yards of a aran/bulky weight, and even though the pattern called for 4 oz/225 yards I somehow managed to finish it in only 125 yards. Crazy.




2 comments:

  1. The bag is gorgeous and so are all your photos of the process. Simply beautiful. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! That is one heck of a transformation! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete